Newnan Wills And Trusts Lawyer Delia Crouch

Regardless of whether you’re just starting out or are well into your senior days, it’s important to have wills and trusts written and up-to-date. Many individuals in Georgia think they can work with an attorney once to draft documents and then forget about them. In reality, it’s critical to work with an experienced Newnan wills and trusts attorney to update your documents each time there are major changes in your life.

At our law firm – Crouch Law, LLC, Attorneys at Law – we have almost 30 years of experience guiding individuals through the legal process. Whether you are interested in contesting the will of a deceased relative or need to update your trust after divorce, we can help. We understand the dynamics of families and can mediate or litigate to help ensure your rights are protected.

Creating New Wills And Trusts During Divorce

When people think about the steps that must be taken after divorce, they do not always think of rewriting their wills or trusts. However, that is a critical part of the process. You need to name new guardians, trusts and beneficiaries who are independent of your spouse.

In many situations, it can be beneficial to begin working with a Newnan wills and trusts attorney as soon as you decide to file for divorce.

Protecting Your Assets During Probate

After a person dies, the assets in his or her estate must be distributed according to the will. However, there may be times when the will is not the most recent legal document. For example, if you and the decedent just finalized your divorce, you may need to take additional steps to protect the assets you were awarded during the divorce.

Working With A Fayetteville Probate Attorney To Protect Your Parental Rights

As the biological parent of a child, you may assume that you have rights to raise your children. That may be true in many situations, but there are times when those rights get muddled.

For example, if you enlisted in the army and gave your parents guardianship of your children, you may not automatically receive parental rights of your children when you return home. If your parents do not voluntarily give up guardianship rights of your children, you need to work with a lawyer who can help protect your parental rights.

In some situations, probate is used as another avenue to resolve child custody matters. If that happens, you need an attorney who is well-versed in both child custody and probate laws. With more than 25 years of experience, that is exactly what we offer.

To schedule your initial consultation, contact our firm online or call 800-201-0688.

Practice Areas